Monday, June 27, 2011

One voice in a million

Three points converged this weekend to work on my mind. A thought that kept coming up over and over.

1.) My oldest Child turned 9- I was drawn to thinking about how unique each child is. My two are not very much alike despite the fact of being raised as similarly as possible. My son is almost never jealous, ever- trust me I did nothing to earn this he was just born that way. He talks faster than the human ear can process and he loves all things robotic.


2.) I heard this song: Natasha Bedingfield's "Strip Me"- and no it's not one of those nasty little pop songs you have to change the station for so your kids don't hear. It was in a movie and I liked it so much I looked it up on the net. Basically the song celebrates the fact that when all is stripped away from us in life, we still have a voice that can be heard. We are unique and we should not take that for granted.

3.) Our bible study in youth class Sunday was on spiritual gifts and then as very often happens, our pastor, who was preaching a totally unrelated sermon series, ended up spending most of his time on spiritual gifts. The idea struck me that our spiritual gifts are probably as unique as our DNA and God crafted it that way. He never wanted to create the same being twice.

That seems pretty significant. Don't you think?

He gave each of us a voice and those who recieve His spirit get talents (gifts) to express that unique voice to glorify Him is a way that only that person in that time can do.


It is the most tragic and heart breaking thing that we take the fact that we were crafted by a master craftsman for granted. It is misery that we treat ourselves like trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment