Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Airing the Laundry

Okay so- sharing, it's something you learned as a kid right. Wrong. I am not talking about toys or the last cookie here. I am talking about revealing something about yourself you have kept hidden. I know the old addage is "don't air your dirty laundry" and actually I agree. I say air your clean laundry. Dirty laundry is for your confidant or mentor. When something bad has happened and you have made peace with it, share it with anyone who needs it. Marriage struggles, medical problems, money problems, addictions etc... people need hope. People need freedom from shame and you might have the key to their release. I don't believe things happen by luck or chance. Yesterday I spoke with a friend who was having struggles in her marriage. I just worked through a tough time in our marriage so I shared how we got through. Knowing that I also have a dark side, faults and yet I also have joy in my marriage gave her release. Today I read a blog I usually read and surprise, surprise he was writing about the very same idea- sharing a meaningful story and how he had done that: http://www.joemckeever.com/mt/archives/001560.html . Another blog that I follow regularly and never fails to make me glad I read it is Enjoying the Small Things and one of the most beautiful things I have ever read in my life is her story of the birth of her daughter. http://www.kellehampton.com/2010/01/nella-cordelia-birth-story.html
I dare you to read it- you should, it's totally worth it. Turn on the speakers because the sound track is amazing.
If you want to continue the story help, to celebrate Nella's birthday-
http://ndss.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=461377&supid=318966917

No comments:

Post a Comment