Monday, December 5, 2011

So you screamed yourself hoarse?

This weekend we went to the local Renaissance festival. My kids really enjoy the children's theater there because you can get on stage and act out roles.


The catch is you have to scream the loudest to get the role.


Not a problem for my family.
Last year both my son and my daughter out screamed teenagers to easily win the lead roles.


This year my son decided to lay low but my daughter was determined to have a part and old Dad decided he should get in on the act.


Dad bellowed the loudest bad guy growl he could muster, resulting in His being cast as the evil sheriff of Nottingham.




Failing to secure the Maid Marion or Nun role, my daughter proceeded to win the Little John role.




Let's just say nothing says little John like my daughter in a muscle vest.




My husband proceeded to scream/ roar his heart out for the whole play. He turned twelve shade of red and proved that he does nothing half hearted.


He literally has no voice two days later. A big 6ft 3" guy whispering and squeaking like a school girl.


Sometimes in life I feel like that, I have gotten so invested in something I am left totally drained. I do that with so many situations you would think I believe the intensity of my desire was what would transform lives and make changes.


News flash- it isn't. I need to chill and rest in the knowledge that God knows how deeply I want to see certain things happen. In my case it's to see His name lifted high and glorified in our community.


I need to rest in His mastery of the universe and the human heart or I will end up all stretched out of shape like my hubby's vocal chords.

No comments:

Post a Comment