Monday, June 4, 2012

Back in the Saddle

Okay, let's give this a try.
I might be a bit rusty.


Two weeks ago we left on our first official family vacation in 3 years. What a blessed adventure.
Road trip.
Lego Land,
You were a blast.


I admit I am not much for Amusement Parks so I had my moments. Such as several declarations that I will never go to another park again if I hear one more, "I'm hot, I'm hungry, or I want to go to the hotel".


Sigh, I want to be fun time mom, with never flagging joy and positive spins but...
I am not that person, -yet.


We had many more fun moments than stressed ones.



Just us Southern Belles here.




Then we headed to Sea World.


Hello, there jumping marine mammals. It was amazing to be close to you but I have this strong urge to set you free. Darn 1990's kid movies.

We enjoyed the dolphin nursery so much.
What is cuter than a baby dolphin spitting water on you?
Nothing - trust me I googled it.

Then we headed to Cocoa Beach Florida.
Momma like.


We stayed at this retro condo called the Diplomat. It had a totally updated interior but the building it's self was like something out of Gidget.

The Beach is perfection for me. The kids and hubs play hard all day surfing, sand works, and games.
I do a little wave jumping, one sand sculpture and lots of lounging.

No Stress. None. Sigh.

Now the real challenge. Be the same person at home washing laundry as I am on the beach.

The truth is your circumstances cannot free you from stress any more than you can free yourself from anything that pins you down. No matter where you go, you will find you are still there.

Christ offers the freedom from yourself.

In our culture that seems like "crazy" talk.

Be freed from yourself? No, No you need to be MORE yourself, realize your true self, let yourself burst free.

I don't know about you, but if I am honest with myself more "Me" is the exact opposite of what I need.
"Me" loves a pity party, is rather greedy and has a really hard time thinking about others before "me-self". 

Having been in Christ for a while, I feel the most at peace and stable when I have taken myself out of the equation and let Christ direct my words, thoughts, actions and emotions.

He is the Rock. He is unconditional love, total knowledge, complete wisdom and the eternal king.

Psalm 27:13-14

13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.

14 Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment