Monday, July 23, 2012

Rise and Shine

Dragging myself of the couch mentally today.
It has been one of those seasons in my life.
Fighting a fierce ten rounds in the ring with discouragement.


Doing my usual facebook check yesterday I came across a comment by a girl about how she would fight anyone who tried to give her competition for her "man".
I could not resist making the following comment:
"You never have to fight for a real man, he shuts down all competition in a mili-second, himself".


Now as true as I think this should be in a relationship, I think I forgot how true this concept can be in spiritual life.


I think these past few weeks I have been parking lot brawling, street fighting if you will, with Satan over my love, our church. Pouting and growling over what the enemy has been up to.


Truth is, it was pretty stupid on my part. As embarrassing as the girl who's weave gets snatched out by a rival in front of Walgreen's.


It wasn't my place to wallow all around in the "No, they didn't" of it all.


The Church has a husband you see. Christ.
He is not the kind who idly sits by while Satan wiggles and squirms to come between Himself and His bride. Even better He saw it coming from a mile away.


You see the two loves in my life, Christ and His Church, are a together forever couple. It works that way because of Him. He never holds back. He never fails those who love Him.


I am part of that Church. I have nothing to fear because my Christ has never been derailed by the acts of any person or evil power. His ultimate goal, the good news of his love being spread to all the earth, always marches on with the feet of His bride the Church.


So I have dusted myself off, rubbed the pout out of my eyes and looked up to see His face.

No comments:

Post a Comment