Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The touch of the Master's hand

I am typing up a pile of hand written notes I had stacked up since 2008 on bible studies I had done or books I had read and I came across this note:

2/16/09
We are not the old dusty violin that simply needs to be dusted off and tuned up by the master. We are a stone, some sticks and a bit of yarn that can be transformed into a violin by the master. Or a violin that has been run over by a car, or has yet to be carved from the block of wood.
I have no idea what promted me to write this but it struck me today when I read it.
How hard it is to be truthful about the state we are with out Christ?

Even harder still to be truthful about our state when we know Him but aren't obedient.

You are a living breathing testimony, giving account of what you believe in every choice you make.
Do you give the impression that God needs your help to manage others?
Do you give the impression that parts of your life don't need to be under God's control?
Do you give the impression that just around the corner is a time you will "have it all together" and you are diligently working toward that?
Those impressions will not impress a world with out Christ.
God help me to stop strapping self to the Gospel, I am just slowing it down. (Casting Crowns - What this world needs)

No comments:

Post a Comment