Friday, January 26, 2018

Long time no write

It has almost been 3 years since I made a post on this blog.
Very quickly in 2015 this blog became very insignificant to me.
Why?
I became a foster parent to a 5 year old brother and a 2 year old sister. I had trained, I had a counseling education, I had two older children, I had this.
Nope.
I had no idea how much patience, love, sacrifice and trust in God this journey would take.
This was a whole new world of earning trust, loving unconditionally and taking it one day at a time.
God took me on a wild journey and added to our family.
We adopted our son and daughter in April of 2017. We are a family of six.
Now almost 3 years later we feel like a family. This is the way I always imagined it could be but it took a long road to get here. There are life long aspects of this that I had never really considered. It's a price you pay for love; a price we freely pay.

But there were other things going on in my life as well.
In January of 2016 I discovered I had an autoimmune thyroid condition. 
In August 2016 our house flooded in a no flood zone and we had no flood insurance. 
In April 2017 my beautiful nephew passed away at age 2 from a viral infection very unexpectedly.
In September 2017 My father who already struggles with Parkinson's got a cancer diagnosis. 

This blog was so far from my mind, it was drifting in outer space.

I return now a person who has asked life some tough questions. Who has looked to God with wonder and fear. 
I would recommend the following books to anyone who is struggling with how to face life that doesn't match up to the TV/Movie constructed American dream deal that most of us think we signed up for:

Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis
Daring to Hope by Katie Davis Majors
Holding on to Hope by Nancy Guthrie
Explicit Gospel by Matt Chandler

I guess I am checking in to say life is beautiful, God is trustworthy and there is HOPE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment