Monday, July 25, 2011

Being "Real"

REAL!

There are very few things our culture values more than being "Real". I think perhaps it's a reaction to all the lies and deception we see around us. But just like the crafty guy he is, Satan actually slipped the word "Real" in on us. He really wants "Real" to take the place of Truth and Appropriate. For example check out this one of a kind fellow:

http://www.kmov.com/video/featured-videos/Pastor-thanks-God-for-his-smoking-hot-wife-during-NASCAR-prayer-126093899.html

He is the pastor at a Baptist church in Tennessee. I even checked out his Church's website- pretty normal if a little "old school" for a baptist church with the exception of a blaring country music song playing about going to church on Sunday morning.

The comments on K-love when they posted this video on face book pretty much were either- "wow, that's horrible and barely connected to the bible" or "Wow, how funny and 'Real' he is. I bet he really reaches out to the lost".

He was praying before a Nascar crowd so I doubt "church talk" would have been clear or relevant to them and I know he got their attention with his "real" language.

I have no problem that he really thinks His wife is attractive, but he lost me a little on the extreme thankfulness for the companies that make car engines and fuel.

But whom, I ask, got the attention? Old pastor Nelm- not God.

I think that's my worry about being "Real".
I am Really not very nice without Jesus, I Really am pretty selfish without Jesus, I Really mess things up big time when I put Jesus in the backseat of my life. That's Real.
If you want to talk about me, think about me or make me the center of a philosophy - you are going to end up "Really" disappointed at what it gives you.

I don't know what that preacher should have said, but God does and I have a sneaking suspicion that the pastor did not ask God for that information.

I will not lie to you about my struggles, or the joys in my life but I will do everything I do for the Glory of God and for that only. Feel free to correct me if I get off that track.

No comments:

Post a Comment