Monday, August 1, 2011

Timing

Every now and then God humbles me and it's never a bad thing. There was a time when I really did not understand what value these times had, but it's becoming amazing to see these windows in to my soul and God's character.


I love to sing. I have sung since I knew what singing was. It's just fun and singing to the Lord brings me joy. In the last four years God has provided an opportunity to sing as part of the worship team at our church. It has been a learning curve but I am beginning to feel at home in this ministry.


I cannot read music and I have no natural sense of timing. Rhythm, I don't have. But I have a good memory so sing a song for me correctly a few times and I can sing it well after that. I usually sing as back up to a lead and I prefer it that way.


Last night I was practicing for a special and I just could not get the timing. Two girls, who I have been trying to encourage to sing, stepped up and started practicing with me. They are both band students and have perfect timing. Our Trio sounded great. We ending up singing the special together and it was a true moment of worship.


I quickly realized my goal of singing a solo was not God's plan, and He did not mind using my horrible timing as the avenue to set me on the right path. It is very humbling to see how my prayers of guidance as a leader to these girls are answered.


It's not the first time I have needed to need them. Previously a High School flute player kept me on track until she graduated. I needed to need her because it gave me so many opportunities to speak life into her heart.


I hate to admit it, but more often than not, God works because of my obedience not because of my intelligence. He's really great that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment