Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The tale of Black Beauty

My husband upon seeing me giddy with joy, grinning like a maniac at the wheel of my newly acquired 2007 Ford Edge said we should name her "black beauty". My two previous cars (a 17 year old Cutlas and a 16 year old Explorer) were "Nelle Belle", which is the classic Southern Farmer's name for his faithful Mule. It just fit, but now there can be no better name for my new car than Black Beauty. She is decked out- Leather, great sound system, heated seats, DVD player in back, automatic lights, etc... Not low mileage but who's to let a thing like that take away from her loveliness. Keep in mind my Explorer had 1/2 of the panel light up at night, a iffy blinker, poorly working wipers, a siliconed shut sun roof, broken cup holders and a broken motor on the spray for the windshield. Her engine was a thing of beauty but the odometer broke a year ago a 193,000.

I am one BLESSED girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment