Monday, March 14, 2011

This Weekend

  • My husband and son went on a boyscout camping trip. They always have so much fun and adventure on these. My daughter and I had a "girls night" as she calls it. This entails us watching a marathon of the 1st season of 5 Mile Creek - a great Disney series from back in the day- and eating tons of junk food (chocolate cookies, potato chips and ice cream). We also painted our nails, had tea parties and watched When in Rome with my Mom. The weather was lovely so we all spent time outside.
My daughter in dreamland on "Daddy's Pillow"
    The softest most sinful Chocolate sugar cookies - My daughter's pick
    My sister and children investigating a fallen tree on my father's property.

  • My grandmother celebrated her 91st Birthday this weekend and we were happy to be there to celebrate with her. I got her signature dessert Strawberry Punch bowl cake - now made by my aunts. It is super easy to make but I cannot keep it in my house. You take the lid of a cake saver and layer crumble yellow cake, smashed sugared strawberries, vanilla pudding, and cool whip then repeat until the container is full. When you scoop down through the layer- well suffice it to say, you get one of my sweetest childhood memories.
Grandma opening her birthday cards- she had quite a few considering her 11 children, and hundreds or so grand kids and greatgrands.
the CAKE-


My sweet son with his sunburned cheeks from a weekend outside and Dad's sunscreen handicap.

No comments:

Post a Comment