Monday, May 16, 2011

B-day Weekend

Friday night my amazing husband fried 5 golden pounds of Godzilla sized shrimp for me. He also purchased a cheesecake sampler. We had friends over and all was well with the world. Later that night we drove through a spectacular lightening storm to see a late movie. My children were staying the night at my parent's house.
The next morning I was officially 35 years old. 35 is the first birthday that actually feels fairly solid. There is some weight to that bad boy. If I live to 70, I just hit mid-life. What?!? Well, I will take some consolation that my grandmother is now into her 90's. I think I'll wait until 40 to throw around those words, maybe even 45.
I feel wiser but not what I would call wise. My metabolism and I disagree often. I have been mocked by a teenager. So yes, I am 35.


We spent time Saturday riding bikes and enjoying "Garden of Eden" type weather. Blue skies, temps in the low 70's and a crisp breeze. Not the norm around here for sure.
This is the Gazebo at the 1/2 way point of the bike trail we use.


I have more to be thankful for than I have the ability to think of. I pray I squander nothing and I nurture/multiply all the blessing I have been given.
I recently told a friend "Look I am telling you God has stuff lined up for you that’s going to blow you away, knock your socks off and polish your toes while He’s at it!"


It's true. Trouble free-no, but wilder more profound things that the human mind can figure out will happen.
Greatest miracle of all- turning a heart of stone to a heart of flesh- I am one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment