Monday, January 9, 2012

The Long Haul


Paul talks in the bible about the Christian life being like a race and how we should strive to run worthy.
Hebrews 12:1 says
Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,

I am dragging some weight. Discouragement, impatience, etc... but I really want to lay it aside.
Here's the tangle, I been praying for revival for so long (6 years), that I wonder if it will happen. I want to believe, but deep down I feel shaky.

Lord, right here, infront of the whole world (or the five people who read my blog) I confess I have doubt, I am unsure of my situation.

I don't doubt You, I just don't really know if what I am asking is what You are going to do.

I know you can do it.

I have spent six years in various stages of pleading with You for revival and to be honest I don't want to stop. I might be dragging but I am so heart set on my community being forever transformed by you, I just cannot stop.

So there it is. I am certain I will never make it to the spiritual olympics but I just will not stop. I want revival so badly, I just refuse to stop praying for it.

I just will not stop. Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment