Monday, January 28, 2013

Lost my voice

No, this is not some deep metaphor about how I have lost my inner voice and my epic journey to find it.

I literally just lost my voice due to a massive allergy/sinus attack.
It's been in the 70's here during the day so I think the pollen got a "get out of jail free" card.

I have this bittersweet relationship with sick days. I hate to be inactive. Hate it. (unless my husband is home then I can become embedded in the couch, snuggled up to him watching TV).

But here I am home alone, hacking up bits of lung and wishing I was feeling well enough to go somewhere or start a DIY project.

On the flipside I am a little excited about the option of taking a nap today.
I feel like a spoiled rotten brat. I have no little ones at home so I can get some actual real rest.

I had the dreaded night cough. I am sure everyone can relate, just when you drift off into peaceful slumber you get that drowning sensation in your throat and you have to bolt up and cough for, oh, 10 minutes. I was finally getting some solid sleep when the 5:30 came around it was time to get up.

So in the Spirit of Sick days I am listing my top 5 sick day activities:

5. Enter Internet sweepstakes- passes time and I have won a candle or two over the years.
 
4. Look at magazines - preferably Real Simple, Country Living, People Style Watch, In Style, Better Homes and Gardens, All You or any other fashion/decor related magazine. If you can do this with out tearing out pages you are a better woman than I.

3. Eat Soup. Clearly a soup that would make you say "Meh" on a healthy day will be the most delicious thing in the world on a sick day.

2. Read a thrilling, romantic, uplifting, or funny book. With socks on, with a fake microfiber shearling throw, with hot chocolate/coffee, nibbling cookies. Go big or go to bed, you are way to sick to be awake if this does not appeal to you.

1. Watch You've got mail. I also watch it when doing laundry, sewing and just about any excuse I can make up. Acceptable substitutes include The Lake House, Leap Year, 13 going on 30, Kate and Leopold, Letters to Juliet,  or any thing Jane Austin.

I think I am developing a cough drop addiction, but only to the lemon and honey ones. That seems all natural right?

No comments:

Post a Comment