Monday, March 26, 2012

The kind of friend we all need

Softie.
I am such a sucker for this kind of thing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt3Utn4mjeg

The Susan Boyle video and now this young man.
The under dog.
The one no one expects to have anything to offer and yet defies all the judgement.

This new video also adds the element of friendship.

A friend who is with you in your moment of need, at your point of greatest weakness, to be your anchor in the storm.
The great flip side of this one is, after all is said and done the moment comes when he could have turned on his friend, every man for himself style, but he didn't.

I have missed so many opportunities to be this kind of friend and I whole heartedly regret that. I don't want to add to that ever again.
I pray God will make me pure enough and strong enough to stand by someone in their time to shine and be that voice of "oh, yes you can".




No comments:

Post a Comment