Monday, April 11, 2011

Marriage

Before I get to the actual topic I have the April mitt of the month (although it's actually a pot holder with a matching towel)

This weekend I was able to attend my Aunt and Uncle's 50th wedding anniversary party. They were married young so they were able to really enjoy the celebration. Here is my daughter and several cousins at the party.
My cousin Jodi took this picture-she is amazing with a camera and photoshop.

50 years of marriage really made me think.
This year is my 15th wedding anniversary. I have to admit I am a very lucky woman. My husband is very kind, loving, loyal, full of intregrity, smart, hard working and generally a much better person than I am.
Here's the rub, it's hard to be married to someone you know is actually a more likeable than you are.
We started dating 18 years ago and I have pretty much held the title of "the Bad Guy" in our relationship ever since. It's my own fault but man, the only time I shook it was when he forgot our anniversary and I remembered it (twice).

I am a talker- I love to talk all the time about everything. My husband does not, and I end up feeling like the host of the "Hey, let's talk" Game show.

"Hi and welcome to the 'Hey, Let's Talk' Game Show.
The first topic up for this evening is 'Things that happened to you today'"

"I'll take "Not a whole lot" for $200, Alex"

I guess when I look at the big picture- it's not much to gripe about. The truth is I am most grouchy when he's gone- working late or on a business trip. There's not much in this world I wouldn't rather do with him, and every time anything happens he's the first person I want to tell. He understands my sense of humor and thinks I am so funny. For me, there's not much that beats that.
I would be a very happy woman if I got to celebrate a 50th wedding anniversary with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment