Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Thinking Chair

I call this the thinking chair.



I know my Dad put it by his pond to sit and fish, but I use it to think. When I get stressed or need to pray with out interruption I go there. I have sat there in the wild wind of an incoming storm and in the sweet sun light of a new dawn. I have had to admit the depths of my own rotten apple core there. I have found the very words of God spoken on the wind there.


God did something untouchable when he designed this world. Even with the introduction of sin and decay to the world- ponds, mountains, rivers, deserts, have a glory about them that leads straight to Him.  Even a little pond in the middle of nowhere.



For example this little Rose called "Shockwave" might have been bred to be vibrant yellow, bushy and hearty but who put those little genes in this plant- the Master gardener. Now if he can hide that away in a rose- what can he do with the heart of a man or woman?

Drink up abundant life today.

2 comments:

  1. your yellow rose is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! yellow is one of my favorite colors...you can't help but be happy when you look at it! :) Hope you have a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this one, good friend. I have had to question the true intentions of my own heart lately due to the sermon preached this past Sunday. 'Plan, Purpose, Passion.'
    Definitely one of those sermons that makes you rip through all the layers of your own self to see what's really underneath. It ain't pretty, but I still cling to the faith that God wants me and He can change this ugly duckling into a beautiful swan for His glory.
    Thanks for sharing these thoughts. It has shed light in my darkness. ;o)
    Ang

    ReplyDelete