Monday, April 18, 2011

This and That

The weekend tossed salad of things:


My daughter sang in the town Talent Show- She's 6. She was such a beautiful example to me. She was only mildly nervous although she was the youngest person there. She mumbled most of the words to the song in her tiny voice but she knows them all and had good timing. She smiled. She did not win a thing but had nice things to say about all the many bad singers we had to sit through. I hope to goodness I don’t manage to ruin her somehow because she is so amazing just the way she is.


Spent most of Saturday working in our yard- which is where I love to be. My new rose and iris plant were putting on a show.


Poor husband tried all day to figure out what was wrong with our PTO belt eating riding lawn mower. Score one for very old lawn mower. We did start the process of getting the pool water ready which makes my heart race a bit. I really love to swim. Period, then end, it's a fact of who I am.


Sunday I pondered. Sundays were infact made for pondering if you ask me. I am starting a new book- The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartain, thanks to a dear friend who is encouraging me to stretch out a little in a good way.


Today as I ran/walked my two miles, which are like medicine to me, I thought about each step I took. When I jogged I thought- In this moment I will jog. I thought that each moment until I made my goal. Really if I was honest being Godly is like that for me. It does not come natural. I am a recovering sinner. I have to think each moment of each day- I will serve God. In some moments, when my feelings get hurt or my "needs" are trampled upon- I quickly switch over to, I will serve me. I want to cut back on those moments with God's power. I don't really do 10 year plans well- so I think the "Manhandling the moment with the Holy Spirit plan" will be a good fit for me.


Rock the moment- love the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment